That "arcane lore" has resulted in the largest educational work ever
produced by humanity, and free for everyone both as in speech and as in
beer.

So I think we need to consider carefully before radically changing it. It
has worked, and worked unimaginably well, for most of two decades. That's
not to say it can't still be improved, but the proof is in the results. If
the English Wikipedia were badly broken, it wouldn't be a fixture of modern
life.

Todd