Hello Andy,

Thank you for raising this concern! We take accessibility very seriously and
have worked specifically to improve accessibility with this designversion of
website to the past version.

We performed two audits to compare and improve accessibility:

1. Google Lighthouse

https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse/

a. Lighthouse checks if all ui components have aria-* attributes and all
interactive elements have correct labelling for Screenreaders.
b. Lighthouse also checks color contrast ratios for all elements on website and
flags the ones that do not pass WCAG guidelines
c. It also checks for proper navigation methods throughout ordered and
unordered lists

The new website scored 94/100 on Lighthouse Audit. It passed 18 tests and
failed 2.

There are 3 more fixes we need to do which we are planning to submit to bring
that score to 100/100. Those involve modification to 3rd party extensions that
are used on WordPress and thus taking a bit of time to get around.

2. aXe

https://www.deque.com/axe/

aXe is a testing tool to perform similar audit but can catch some other kinds
of accessibility issues like page landmarks.

The previous design had 146 accessibility issues with aXe audit and we brought
that number down to 43 issues, most of which are WCAG contrast issues which are
contextual because of line colors or ornamentation that is not essential to
websites function. However, we are working to improve things to bring it down
to 0. There are some known easy fixes for this too which we are working to
deploy.

3. The new Firefox version released this week also has some interesting
accessibility tests

We plan to run those as well, it was just released on July 9th.

That was just the audits we performed, but you bring up a good point about
autoscrolling element. We should definitely include the mechanism to pause/play
the sliding mural so we pass that test. We will take this into our workboard
and work towards fixing this.

Accessibility for us is a never ending effort and we always find ways to
improve it wherever possible. We will keep track of these issues and fix them
on priority.

- greg and Design team