Dear fellow Wikimedians,

Working groups are busy analyzing community conversations and are
integrating insights from these as well as expert feedback and input
into their work. From this, they have started to put ideas and
concepts together and are turning these into draft recommendations for
structural changes that will help us advance in our strategic
direction: To become the support system for the whole free knowledge
movement. These drafts will be published for movement input in August.

Affiliate communities across the globe have begun launching strategy
salons to share their ideas about the future of our movement. The
diverse range of perspectives being shared here is enriching the
conversations that working groups are having. And we have added
another opportunity to get involved in the community conversations:
online surveys.

== Wikimedia 2030 @ Wikimania 2019 ==
Visit the Wikimedia 2030 space [1] at Wikimania! The space will be a
lively hub of discussions about building the future of our movement.
Representatives from each working group will host public discussion
sessions with the community to learn from them and review the draft
recommendations for each thematic area in person. We will also host
meet-ups in the main conference hotel on the Friday and Saturday
evenings, where we’ve got more fun things planned. We are currently
putting the finishing touches on the program and more updates on all
of this will follow in the coming weeks.

== Talking movement strategy around the globe ==
From South East Asia to Africa and beyond: Movement strategy is all
about generating global engagement and discussions about our future.

Over 30 community members from across the Asia-Pacific region came
together to discuss our shared future at the ESEAP Strategy Summit in
Bangkok. Our call for strategy salon grant proposals resulted in 44
grants being awarded, and strategy-focused events have recently been
held in Cameroon, Uganda, and Morocco. Upcoming salons will take place
in Estonia, Bangladesh, Venezuela, and the Levant.

In addition, the Capacity Building (see blog post)[2] and Roles and
Responsibilities working groups have held in-person meetings in
Singapore and in Utrecht to work on drafting recommendations. And
there’s more to come: the Resource Allocation working group will meet
this week in Madrid and Community Health will come together next week
in Amman.

And you can share your thoughts and ideas at anytime and from anywhere
on Meta [3] as part of the ongoing community conversations.

== Take part in movement strategy online surveys ==
If you prefer to participate anonymously or could not join any of your
community’s or group’s conversations yet, an additional way to get
involved is to take part in our online survey [4]. Here, you can share
your perspectives about the structural part of our movement,
particularly in relation to your local or thematic context. There are
surveys for each of the nine thematic areas, and the surveys are
available in a number of languages.

Following a soft launch to test the questions and quality of the
translations, we now encourage the wider movement to take part and
contribute to ongoing global discussions.

== Community conversations report for June is now live ==
If you want to get a good snapshot of the ideas, opinions, and
thoughts that have been put forward in all of these discussions, then
we have a reading recommendation for you: the June community
conversations report
[5]! The report offers a summary of all the input gathered during
discussions that happened on Meta, at regional salons, and during
conversations facilitated by the strategy liaisons.

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to get in touch.

Best wishes,
Nicole

[1] https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Wikimedia_2030
[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Blog_posts/Capacity_Building_working_group%E2%80%99s_meeting_in_Singapore
[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Participate
[4] https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d718KRfJ5W3OVYV and
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9cyOksUM4rJVt6DHLEjZ7xo7IL7BMS-_oKXoLMpMUXksuUQ/viewform
[5]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Reports/June_Community_Conversations_Monthly_Report

--
Nicole Ebber
Adviser International Relations

Unsere Vision ist eine Welt, in der alle Menschen am Wissen der
Menschheit teilhaben, es nutzen und mehren können. Helfen Sie uns
dabei! https://spenden.wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Deutschland — Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/029/42207.