Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
has approved the recognition of Wikimedia Medicine [1] as a Wikimedia
thematic organisation.

Over the past several years, Wikimedia Medicine has successfully planned
and executed a significant program portfolio, attracting new contributors
and forming partnerships with both movement affiliates and external
institutional partners around the world.  Wikimedia Medicine is an
ambitious, innovative, and highly effective organization that has
demonstrated a substantial record of independent programmatic impact and
continues to foster innovation and collaboration with numerous other
entities across the Wikimedia movement.

Wikimedia Medicine's efforts to deliver critical medical information to
underserved and underrepresented communities reflect the principles of
infrastructure and inclusiveness espoused in the Wikimedia movement
strategic direction, and represent a key potential area of growth for
emerging movement communities.  The recognition of Wikimedia Medicine as a
Wikimedia thematic organisation reinforces the our movement’s shared
commitment to this direction, and will support Wikimedia Medicine's future
partnerships with high-profile government institutions and NGOs.

Wikimedia Medicine is our first truly global thematic organisation, and we
hope that this recognition will be the first of many as our community of
globally-focused Wikimedia user groups continues to evolve.

I want to thank everyone who has been involved with setting up the new
thematic organisation, and recognize their commitment and patience over the
past year as we've worked through the thematic organisation recognition
process.  Please join me in congratulating the entire Wikimedia Medicine
team for their accomplishment!

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee