On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 02:37, Clover moss <clovermosswikipe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This week, I learned about Wiki Loves Monuments
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Monuments>. The wording kind of
> sounded familiar at first, but I wasn't sure why. I didn't really know what
> Wiki Loves Monuments was and now I'm thankful that I do. A lot goes into a
> good photograph and really good photographs have a way of striking me with
> awe in a way that's hard to describe with words.
>
> There were 25 announcements for the top winners and the winner was
> announced on January 14th. I love the way the sunlight shines in through
> the windows - it seems surreal, and it's almost like I'm standing there
> myself. I don't know what the temperature would be like inside the church,
> but I felt slightly cold looking at it. I'd imagine there isn't any heating
> currently in the building because it's abandoned, although maybe I'm
> thinking too much about details like that?

This reminded me of a similar cathartic moment I've had when I've learned
about the Wiki Loves Earth
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2019/Winners>
photo
contest.
It makes me happy to share it with those who haven't seen it and to express
my appreciation to the photographers and organizers of the event.

Aron