I have a more nuanced view.

The community benefits from new editors who are acting in good faith
and willing to learn.

I agree that treatment of new editors can be problematic.

On the other hand, having become one of the "insiders", I now
understand how English Wikipedia has a limited supply of skilled labor
from volunteers who are trying to defend Wikipedia against vandals,
conflict of interest editors, copyright violations, and other
problems.

There is a WMF team working to improve the onboarding experience. I'm
cc'ing Marshal Miller (WMF) here in case he would like to comment.

Pine