On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM <petr.kad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 2:00 AM Bill Takatoshi <billtakato...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > And again, I doubt even 5% of the long term editor base is opposed to
> > campaign finance reform
>

> I doubt even 5% of the long term editor base has any opinion on this
> “campaign finance reform” (or, for the most part, know what that is). I
> guess it has something to do with the political parties in the United
> States? Sorry, I’m not interested in that very much.

And even in that case, there's a huge gulf between that and it being
something Wikipedia actively endorses.

The whole "Wikipedia should support any political movement that makes
people's lives better because they will then have more time to edit
Wikipedia," is an incredibly dubious line of reasoning. It would literally
cover anything in politics whatsoever. Tax increases, tax cuts, open
borders, closed borders, federal daily blueberry pancake delivers, etc,
whatever you want, then one can make an argument under this line of logic.