> "Wikipedia should support any political movement that makes
> people's lives better because they will then have more time to edit
> Wikipedia," is an incredibly dubious line of reasoning. It would literally
> cover anything in politics....

On the contrary, by definition, it would be restricted to the subset
of ways to make people's lives better which also allow them more time
to edit. The contrapositive of 'because' is 'is caused by.'

If campaign finance reform makes people's lives better and allows them
more time to edit, then there would seem to be five categories:
'active opposition,' 'inactive opposition,' 'silence,' 'inactive
support,' 'active support.' Obviously the Board wants to do what
supports the community, employees, donors, and readership, not
necessarily in that order.

I personally would love to see a link to https://bit.ly/amendmentact
at least on the Outreach wiki or something, as I have no idea what
passes for petition notability these days.

Best regards,
Jim