Hi Lukas,

I appreciate you opening up on this. I have a hard time following the line
of argument. I can appreciate that it can be stressful to see someone
generalize opposition to this extent, and I dont think it is helpful to the
conversation, because it basically rejects all solutions out of hand. I
would have contributed that myself, if others didn't beat me to the punch.
However, that is more due to the content of the opinion, than to how it's
being phrased. I don't see how a different phrasing would have reduced that
stress significantly, other than by packaging it with various phrases that
express appreciation that was not meant.

I would love us to be more gentle, but at the same time it is also
important to recognize diversity in character, expression and opinion. If
we want to take a universal code of conduct seriously, we also need to take
responsibility in restraining ourselves in 'calling the cops' each time
someone tiptoes across the line. I would encourage you to apply the
approach expressed in various ancient texts: if someone crosses the line,
first approach them privately to correct them. If that does not work,
include someone else in this conversation, and if all else fails, bring it
up publicly (or in this case: bring it to the admins). The fact that it is
possible to place someone on moderation, does not mean it is the most
appropriate solution.

But that's just my thoughts.

Lodewijk