Thank you.

In the recent Canadian federal election [1], there was a last-minute happening
[2] in the news and on social media [3] which seems difficult to precisely
attribute to a responsible party. It appears that one or more photographs were
leaked to a news organization which probably does not want to reveal their
source. I am thinking about how best to include such complex events and
happenings in encyclopedia articles about election-related strategies, tactics,
events, and happenings.

On the topic of US election-related encyclopedia articles, I think that it will
be easier and that there will be more interested Wikimedians as the next
election season approaches (2022) or, perhaps, as the next Presidential
election season approaches (2024). Then, instead of exploring news archives,
interested Wikimedians could add relevant events and happenings to encyclopedia
articles as they occur.

My current plan for improving Wikipedia’s overall election coverage includes
participating, alongside interested others, in US 2024 Presidential
election-related encyclopedia articles so that the quality of these prominent
encyclopedia articles might inspire the broader community with regard to
covering subsequent elections. If anyone has a better plan, please let me know.

If there is interest, perhaps we could organize a community project, a
Wikiproject [4] or a Task Force [5], to think about and to discuss these topics
– and, perhaps, to collaborate to build templates or prototypes of enhanced
election coverage – en route to 2024.

In the interim, I can see whether I can find enough content to create and
structure articles about these topics pertaining to recent US Presidential
elections (2016 and 2020).

Best regards,
Adam

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Canadian_federal_election