On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Cary Bass <c...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Well, wonderful news!  I just got word that the SFMOMA is interested in
> participating, though I'm a little sceptical they have *any* public domain
> works in house (Henri Matisse is the closest I can come, and he died in
> 1954).
>
> I'll send more details as soon as they get in touch with me.
>
> Cary Bass

I don't know if anyone has tried to get in touch with them, but the De Young
apparently has a very open photography policy, and they also have a
collection of American Paintings from Colonial onward.  It seems like they
have the perfect set up for Wikipedia Loves Art in SF as they're in the Bay
Area, have a good camera policy, and public domain art of interest to our
readers.

Falcorian