I emailed "them" about a week or two ago about a related topic but haven't
heard back.  I will ping them again about this.  Just as a note, last year
the "names at the front desk" thing didn't work out too well - but no matter
- we'll figure something out.

And remember everyone, we're less than 2 weeks away - so if have any
suggestions for what to do at MF - speak now!

-Jon

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:53, Jay Walsh <jwa...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Per last year, will you have a list of the volunteers names given to the
> front desk people so they can get in for free with a lanyard?
> This should be a pretty standard process.  The organizers just need to know
> who is coming and who to give the lanyards to at the 'volunteer
> registration' booth way at the front of the event.
>
> I'm willing to put together:
>
> * 100 or so wiki pencils
> * up to 500 wiki pins
> * about 500 mini wiki stickers
> * the wiki vests for your use
>
> Not much more stock than that right now - we will do a big re-order with
> our new budget.
>
> that means materials should be handed out in person rather than scattered
> out as a grab-all.  You'd run out fast :(
>
> I'm signed up for Saturday morning to help kick it off!
>
> --
> Jay Walsh
> Head of Communications
> WikimediaFoundation.org
> +1 (415) 839 6885 x 609
>
> On May 4, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Brion Vibber wrote:
>
> I'd love to prep some activity visualizations to run in the background but
> I'll be out of town for the event so will need a volunteer proxy to make
> sure there's hardware to run em on. :)
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)
>
> El May 3, 2009, a las 14:29, phoebe ayers <phoebe.ay...@gmail.com>
> escribió:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We need to start seriously planning for Maker Faire, which is four short
> weeks away. Please add your thoughts on cool things to bring to this page:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire
>
> I also added a section for volunteers -- if you want to help staff the
> booth, please add your name!
>
> -- Phoebe
>
> - <http://phoebeayers.info>http://phoebeayers.info |
> <phoebe.ay...@gmail.com>phoebe.ay...@gmail.com

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]]
http://snowulf.com/ - Blog
http://snowulf.imagekind.com/ - Pictures
This has been a test of the emergency sig system.