Yay! Maker Faire!

I'll be gathering much electronics, but they won't be of much good unless
people have some content to put on them. Suggestions for apps are on the
wiki [1].

I think I might even be able to convince the merchandise masters at the
Foundation to toss in some swag for volunteers, but we won't know how much
if you don't sign up.

-Jon
[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2011#Game_.26_viz_list

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 19:43, phoebe ayers <phoebe.ay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just added several new list members -- welcome, everyone! If I subscribed
> you it's either because you signed up at the West Coast Wiki Conference or
> told me at another event that you wanted to be added. This is the informal
> coordinating and announcement list for Bay Area Wikimedians/Wikipedians; if
> you have any questions about it, please contact me (phoebe.ay...@gmail.com).
>

> For all the new list members (and a reminder for everyone else): our next
> event is Maker Faire, which is *next weekend*, Saturday & Sunday in San
> Mateo! The fair is a great time, highly recommended if you can make it. And
> if you are able to volunteer a few hours at our booth, even better -- the
> signup sheet (and list of things to bring) is here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2011
> Please sign up ASAP so we can get your name on the list.
>
> This is the fourth (!) year that we will be at Maker Faire, and it's always
> a blast -- thousands of people who are fans of wikipedia and are delighted
> to talk to you about it (and fire-breathing robots as a bonus!)
>
> -- phoebe
>
> --
> support Wikimedia: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Jon