Hello again, Bay Area Wikimedians!

I have been talking to the west coast Institute of International Education,
known for running the Fulbright scholars programs, and we have agreed to
hold an editing workshop for visiting *Fulbright scholars* (i.e. Fulbright
scholarship recipients from around the world studying in Bay Area
universities).

The editing workshop will be held at the Wikimedia Foundation office (149
New Montgomery St., 3rd floor, San Francisco, a two-minute walk from the
Montgomery BART), on *Saturday April 14th, 12pm-5pm*, and approximately 12
scholars, a few IIE staff members, and a few new WMF employees will
participate.  Lunch and refreshments will be provided.  Bring your own
laptop, please!

We'll need volunteer veteran Wikipedians to tutor the visiting scholars in
basic editing, introduce them to Wikipedia norms (possibly not just in
English Wikipedia), and help them navigate to useful places such as
[[Wikipedia:Backlog]], or WikiProjects matching their academic (or other)
interests.

If you're interested in attending and providing tutoring, please let me
know in the coming 48 hours (I apologize for the very short notice!) so we
can plan the food.

I look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday!

Cheers,

   Asaf
--
    Asaf Bartov