Hi Phoebe -

It actually went pretty well.  The group of people attracted were
(thankfully) significantly smaller than what the Facebook RSVP list had led
us to worry about, and the people who showed up were highly engaged and
seem likely to have a much higher retention rate than most editathons
result in.  We created a handful of new articles about women who have
played prominent roles in the cooperative movement (including some who had
made incredibly significant contributions to fields of law that still
effect our day to day lives) but had no previous mentions on Wikipedia, and
improved another dozen or so articles above that.  None of the articles are
astounding, but given that we really only had about two and a half hours to
introduce people to wikicode and get crackin' I feel like the results were
pretty impressive.  We had (thankfully) a lot of text sources on hand -
otherwise a lot of the articles would've been impossible to write.

We will probably be hosting events like this in houses of the Berkeley
Student Cooperative on a pretty frequent basis from now on - at least
monthly or something like that.

You can see some of the outcomes from this event at the bottom of this
page, although I haven't tracked all the contributions down yet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Hoyt_Hall_Women%27s_edit-a-thon

Thanks,
Kevin Gorman