I definitely think in-person meetings make sense.  As someone who has
attended a lot of them, there's definitely a significant difference between
what types of people and what is accomplished during in-person meetups vs
online ones.  The Berkeley campus group was never really active (it was
more-or-less Matt Senate and Derrick Coetzee's idea, I just signed to hit
the minimum requirement.)

I could probably get a room on UCB's campus (although I won't be a student
for more than another couple weeks I'd probably be able to anyway,) but the
wifi is a pain to set up which makes it a less than ideal choice for a
meet-up location.  I suspect the library would be willing to host us given
how much libraries tend to like Wikipedia (potentially helped by the fact
that we are right next to the WMF.)  I would like to host an editathon in
the non-student cooperative in northern oakland I live in at some point,
but that will probably be a little bit away and not necessarily a frequent
event.

I'll definitely show up wherever there is a meetup though :)

---
Kevin Gorman