I'm interested in participating in and maybe co-hosting Wiki salons
especially concerning Wikimedia movement, MediaWiki software, WikiBUG
community, etc. The hackerspace of my membership in Oakland (Sudo Room)
https://sudoroom.org/ has a new home in http://omni-oakland.org/ that can
serve as an east bay venue.

In SF, Noisebridge (their entire website is a mediawiki wiki!)
https://www.noisebridge.net/ can also be an option for a venue for such
meetups and salons.

Finally, a general-purpose MediaWiki user group specifically at use outside
of WMF projects was formed at Wikimania this year and there's a meeting
tomorrow (Friday) Sept 5th, good to keep on the radar at least:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Groups/Proposals/Wiki_Co-op#News

// Matt