Thank you Samuel!
I've received a few responses off list - very exciting indeed!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Samuel Klein <meta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like a fantastic collaboration.  Good luck with it, Sylvia and Karen
> and all.
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Sylvia Ventura <svent...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karen,
>>
>> The Teen tech Center will be located
>> ​ ​
>> in the
>> ​ ​
>> ​SF branch at
>> 100 Larkin Street,
>> San Francisco, CA 94102
>>
>> ​​
>>
>>
>> What's the location of the Teen tech center?
>>
>> kc
>>
>> On 6/9/15 9:53 AM, Sylvia Ventura wrote:
>> > Hello Bay Area fellow Wikipedians,
>> >
>> > The San Francisco Public Library and the Mozilla's HIVE Learning
>> > Networks are launching a new Teen Tech Center in SF called The Mix.
>> >
>> > The Hive Learning Networkis a global community effort of Youth Servicing
>> > Organizations led by the Mozilla Foundation. The HLN champions digital
>> > skills and web literacy through connected learning. They have a presence
>> > in 11 cities including Bangalore, Vancouver and Mombasa, and growing
>> > fast with 10 new cities to launch by end of 2015.
>> >
>> >
>> > This is a pilot program to help us/WMF evaluate if this is a viable
>> > mechanism for the movement to engage with youth and help build future
>> > community of Wikipedians.
>> >
>> > The SFPL agreed to host a Wikipedia Station to help youth navigate and
>> > use our projects as well as potentially contribute to them. This program
>> > will be ran by the staff of The Mix - I am looking for someone(s) to
>> > train their staff on becoming a Wikipedian and a guide to the youth in
>> > their program.
>> >
>> > If you are interested, please feel free to ping me via email, I can
>> > share more details.
>> >
>> > The Mix launches next Wednesday June 18th - ideally we would like to
>> > have a Young Wikipedian's in Training booth for back to school - sept
>> 2015.
>> >
>> > Thank you!
>> > Sylvia
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sylvia Ventura
>> > Strategic Partnerships
>> > Wikimedia Foundation
>> > sventura at wikimedia.org <mailto:sventura at wikimedia.org>
>> >
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Wikimedia-SF mailing list
>> > Wikimedia-SF at lists.wikimedia.org
>> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-sf
>> >
>>
>> --
>> Karen Coyle
>> kcoyle at kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
>> m: 1-510-435-8234
>> skype: kcoylenet/+1-510-984-3600
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> Previous message: [Wikimedia-SF] ISO Wikipedians to train staff of SFPL's
>> new Teen Tech Center
>> Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
>>
>> ________________________________
>> More information about the Wikimedia-SF mailing list
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Sylvia Ventura <svent...@wikimedia.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Bay Area fellow Wikipedians,
>> >
>> > The San Francisco Public Library and the Mozilla's HIVE Learning
>> Networks are launching a new Teen Tech Center in SF called The Mix.
>> >
>> > The Hive Learning Network is a global community effort of Youth
>> Servicing Organizations led by the Mozilla Foundation. The HLN champions
>> digital skills and web literacy through connected learning. They have a
>> presence in 11 cities including Bangalore, Vancouver and Mombasa, and
>> growing fast with 10 new cities to launch by end of 2015.
>> >
>> >
>> > This is a pilot program to help us/WMF evaluate if this is a viable
>> mechanism for the movement to engage with youth and help build future
>> community of Wikipedians.
>> >
>> > The SFPL agreed to host a Wikipedia Station to help youth navigate and
>> use our projects as well as potentially contribute to them. This program
>> will be ran by the staff of The Mix - I am looking for someone(s) to train
>> their staff on becoming a Wikipedian and a guide to the youth in their
>> program.
>> >
>> > If you are interested, please feel free to ping me via email, I can
>> share more details.
>> >
>> > The Mix launches next Wednesday June 18th - ideally we would like to
>> have a Young Wikipedian's in Training booth for back to school - sept 2015.
>> >
>> > Thank you!
>> > Sylvia
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sylvia Ventura
>> > Strategic Partnerships
>> > Wikimedia Foundation
>> > svent...@wikimedia.org
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sylvia Ventura
>> Strategic Partnerships
>> Wikimedia Foundation
>> svent...@wikimedia.org
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimedia-SF mailing list
>> Wikimedia-SF@lists.wikimedia.org
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-sf
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-SF mailing list
> Wikimedia-SF@lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-sf
>
>


-- 
Sylvia Ventura
Strategic Partnerships
Wikimedia Foundation
svent...@wikimedia.org
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-SF mailing list
Wikimedia-SF@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-sf

Reply via email to