I can run an edit-a-thon group! I have a list of articles at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dreamyshade/In_the_news_articles (topics
recently in the news that are marked with needs-improvement tags) that I'd
be happy to work with people on editing, including helping newcomers get
started. I can move that list to a sub-page of that meetup page if that
sounds good.

How do you plan to gather the photos for the Wikimedia Commons exhibit? I'd
encourage featuring some from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_San_Francisco_Designated_Landmarks
and promoting the idea of filling in the blank photo spots on that list,
along with the blank spots in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Historical_Landmarks_in_San_Francisco
and the other lists linked from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Landmarks_and_Historic_Places_in_San_Francisco