Hi everybody!

On 14 Oct, 2013, at 2:37 PM, Spencer Williams <enderandpe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Meeting on the 26th of this month sounds like a great plan. I haven't gotten
> much together for the next Wikipedia Loves Libraries, so it would good to
> regroup soon and see what we might come up with.
It looks like next week should see the temperature in Boulder float back up in
the 50s and even the 60s. I propose we ignore Wiki Loves Libraries and go
outdoors somewhere before winter comes. Maybe just downtown Boulder, ending for
dinner somewhere on Pearl? Does anybody have other suggestions? Bonus marks for
incorporating libraries, and car rides to places far from public transport will
be repaid with dinner!

> On another note, someone decided to nominate my picture of the Cannabis
> Station sign for deletion, claiming it is a derivative work. I don't see how
> that picture is different from any other picture of store signs to be found
> on Commons. Please voice your support:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Cannabis_Station_sign.jpg
Ugh :-( I agree with Isarra that I don't think it's original enough to have a
copyright, although I suppose you could argue that it's a very tall, weird
statue, in which case it _would_ be protected against derivative works. Worst
case, I have a photo of the same sign from further away [1], so we could
definitely get that one in under de minimus [2], but I don't think it'll come
to that.

cheers,
Gaurav

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/ggvaidya/10231353446/