2008/11/25 Brian Salter-Duke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 06:22:25PM +0900, Andrew wrote:
> > So just to clarify, you mean that we may be able (assuming all sorts of
> > things which haven't yet been discussed or resolved) to get tax
> deductible
> > status for donations to WMA for WMA purposes, but not for donations to
> WMA
> > for WMF purposes?
>
> Yes, I think that puts it better. The question might be how we can
> include WMF within the purposes of WMA. We need a tame lawyer. I'll ask
> the one wikipedian in Australia who is an academic laywer what he
> thinks.

Wouldnt the donation be to WMA for WMA purposes, if WMA was to pay for
services or provide assistance to WMF would that not be WMA perogative. Once
we have charitable status then providiing the funds are used for the defined
charitable purposes it wouldnt matter if the funds where spent be it
Melbourne Sydney or San Francisco.

Case in point would be to find out how a Red Cross/World Vision type charity
collects money here as a charitable(tax deductable) donation specifically to
fund things in places like Indonesia or Africa

--
GN.
http://gnangarra.redbubble.com/