Oh I hate this stuff....

According to the reading by the Copyright Council of Australia (who are the
most conservative in these matters) the rules are that the image is PD if
the photographer *died* before 1955 - not whether the photograph was
*published* before 1955. So, in the case of Anon photographers this gets
even trickier.
http://www.copyright.org.au/information/introduction/intro-5.htm

I don't know if we want to take their advice, but on that reading it is
*likely* that a 1946 photographer probably lived 'till 1955 and therefore
the image is *likely* still copyrighted. However, this is NOT the practice
on WP to-date and it is not an uncontested reading.

-Liam

On 2/10/09, YellowMonkey <blnguyen2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone who understands PD-Australia look at
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_article_candidates/Donald_Bradman_with_the_Australian_cricket_team_in_England_in_1948
>
> please
>
> The 1955 rule seems to being challenged again

Email - liamwy...@gmail.com
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914
Skype - Wittylama
Wikipedia - [[User:Witty lama]]