Just a reminder for those in Brisbane this weekend to come down and check out
the We Are What We
Share<http://www.ideasfestival.com.au/02_cal/details.asp?ID=86&varPeriod=1>
remix forum from 5-6:30pm at the State Library<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/>
(South Bank) as part of this year's Ideas
Festival<http://www.ideasfestival.com.au/>.

It's the culmination of the Pooling Ideas<http://www.pool.org.au/poolingideas>
competition we've been running with ABC Pool over the last few weeks. We'll be
showcasing selected entries and using them as the jumping off point for
discussion of remix culture and its place in today's creative society. In a cut
and paste culture, are we really what we share?

We've put together an excellent group of experts as judges:

 *   remix artist and The Night
Air<http://www.abc.net.au/rn/nightair/default.htm> producer John Jacobs;
 *   social media researcher and Youtube expert, Dr Jean Burgess;
 *   designer, artist and remixer Merri Randell; and
 *   Creative Commons Australia's very own Elliott Bledsoe.

Plus, of course, we'll be announcing the winners (as judged by our of experts)
and presenting the excellent trophy produced by John Jacobs.

And it's all free! So come down, see something new, and learn a little bit.
After all, what else is there to do at 5pm on a Saturday?

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Clinic
Queensland University of Technology