Mmmm... I don't quite understand the technicalities involved, but they
are licensing it under CC-BY-SA so the outcome of the license is
definitely not a deletion candidate.

In my naive opinion I might think the word copyfraud relates to the
use of a more limited license on a copy of a completely freely
available image. It does seem arbitrary to put on the extra
attribution/share alike clause just so the museum can be recognised as
"the digitiser" given that the museum doesn't technically have any
copyright/legal rights over the use of the original image unless they
do that.

If an external institution wants to digitise PD images with strings
attached then people will wikilawyer about it. If the original image
is PD, could someone else get access to the PD image and provide a PD
digitised copy or would museums use their powers to restrict access to
an image just to keep the attribution aspect?

Cheers,

Peter