Peter: At present we have roughly 35 financial members, and roughly 80
people who have either applied for membership and been approved by the
committee but haven't paid their fees yet and people who have previously
been members but have not yet paid this year's fees. Unfortunately the
software only sends reminder notices to the first group so there are likely
some people in the second who don't realise their fees are not up-to-date,
especially because the first year's membership for many was not actually a
full year (hence why we offered a 50% discount for people who paid this
years fees in a timely manner).

I think it's important to remember that the chapter is still less than one
year old and I think we're generally travelling very well for a young and
relatively small group, but membership and sustainability is obviously going
to be the most significant challenge facing the new committee.