On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Karl Goetz <k...@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:33:51 +1100
> Richard Ames <rich...@ames.id.au> wrote:
>

> > I sent in a donation in lieu of joining and I don't really remember
> > why... but it was something to do with too much trouble to meet the
> > requirements to join...
> >
> > FWIW, Cheers, Richard.
>
> Hm...
> I got as far as looking at memberdb's login window and thought 'ya
> know, its just not worth of digging out my login.'. I can sit in a quiet
> IRC channel for free :)
> thanks,
> kk

If it's a memberDB problem, then hopefully that will be solved with the move
to CiviCRM.
The difficulty of becoming a member (both from the applicant's and
secretary's POV) in MemberDB is well established, as well as the
difficulties of knowing your financial status. The shift to the CiviCRM
software, which is effectively the standard system across the Chapters and
the WMF for tracking donations/members, will no doubt solve a lot of
problems. It will also clear the major hurdle in the way that kept us from
joining the annual fundraising drive.

-Liam
wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata