On 15 August 2010 05:24, Pru Mitchell <pru.mitch...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> BTW is there any progress report on the Bookshelf projects that were
> discussed/funded(?) last year for education outreach activities
> internationally?

There is a bit, yes.
Probably the best place for info is the homepage of the project here:
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bookshelf_Project
Which includes a list of items that the project will deliver as well as the
production schedule.
The WMF has hired Rod Dunican (
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Staff#Community) to project manage the
whole shenanigans. I also know that the WMF has been filming a
professionally produced outreach film to explain who Wikimedians are, what
Wikipedia (etc.) is about and how to get started. Not sure on the shedule
for that but I expect that it will be a centerpiece of the bookshelf.

-Liam

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata