Hi Sam (and all)

Awesome work regarding getting it into the Fremantle Festival! :) The first
one in September was great fun - I enjoyed being part of the organising
team for the event, and my dad enjoyed being one of its participants. I
wish the Fremantle guys well for next week, and I'll try to be there.

Just so people know, the Wiki Takes Joondalup came out of an opportunity to
work with the Local History Library at the City of Joondalup. To date I've
been running this one as a solo effort, and I'm grateful for their
participation and assistance, including provision of a venue - I had a
meeting with some of their people Friday before last to secure their
support. For those who don't know the Joondalup area, it's a regional
centre in Perth's outer northern suburbs - a place where we have and have
always had very few Wikimedians - and the relative "newness" of the area,
combined with the low commercial/residential density, make it difficult to
photograph. I intend to finish working on the pages later today to bring
them up to date with discussions I've had with them.

One of the interesting opportunities arising from it is the possible
collaboration with Picture
Joondalup<http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/Explore/Libraries/LocalHistory/picturejoondalup.aspx>,
a CC (restricted :( ) licenced collection of photos - mostly historical -
that they've been building themselves. As they're pretty keen on
maintaining the licencing it already has, I'm not sure where to move with
this one, but would be keen on ideas.

kindest regards
Andrew