From: c...@chuq.net [mailto:c...@chuq.net] On Behalf Of Charles Gregory
Sent: Sunday, 25 November 2012 10:48 PM
To: WMAu members; wikimediaau-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [wmau:members] WMAU new committee and FDC statement

Hi everyone,

Wikimedia Australia today held their 2012 AGM and has elected a new
management committee.

President - John Vandenberg
Vice President - Graham Pearce
Secretary - Charles Gregory
Treasurer - Craig Franklin
Ordinary members - Steven Zhang, Kerry Raymond

We would also like to thank outgoing Vice President Laura Hale, and recent
outgoing Secretary Anne Frazer for their service on the committee over the
past year.

Thanks to all members for their participation, with a rate of about 65%.
Special thanks also must go to Adam Jenkins and Steven Clark for overseeing
the election process for us.

The new committee has also made a statement regarding the FDC outcome:

The new board of Wikimedia Australia accepts the determination of the Funds
Dissemination Committee in regards to our proposal for Round 1. We are
grateful for their recommendation to allow us to re-apply in Round 2, while
also recommending we apply to the Wikimedia Grants Program for interim
funding.

The board looks forward to working with the FDC to achieve a more positive
outcome for the chapter, and the community in Australia.

Regards,

Charles Gregory
charles.greg...@wikimedia.org.au

Secretary, Wikimedia Australia