WMF fellowships have been designed so that the proposer suggests their
preferred topic, not the other way around. Latterly the WMF reduced the
range of possible Fellowships to things that would be more tightly aligned
with their 'editor retention' goal, but it was still a matter of "come to
us with good ideas and we'll discuss it".

-Liam

--
wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata