Hi All,

Just a quick note to highlight that Wikimedia Australia recently organised
a workshop in the New South Wales town of Wagga Wagga, in conjunction with
the Wagga Wagga Library and the State Library of New South Wales.
 Attendees were guided in their first steps on Wikipedia by [[User:Bidgee]]
and [[User:Peterdownunder]].  I hope you'll all join me in thanking Bidgee
and Peterdownunder for so kindly donating their time and expertise to make
sure that this session happened.

A brief report, including a summary of the article drafts created and
content uploaded to Commons is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/State_Library_of_New_South_Wales/Wagga_Wagga

The next step from here will be to polish the content already created,
wikify the articles, categorise the Commons images, and assist the trainees
with getting their first articles into the mainspace.

Just as a reminder, we have two more workshops coming up in New South Wales
this month, in Broken Hill and Canterbury, and a further workshop on the
Gold Coast in June.  We're hoping to schedule additional workshops in the
second half of this year, and if you're interested in helping out, or if
you think your local library or community centre has the equipment
(internet access, computers, and a projector) and would be interested in
hosting their own workshop, we'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,
Craig Franklin
Wikimedia Australia