On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 09:50:52PM +1000, Craig Franklin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> At our meeting on the weekend, the committee has finalised a draft of a
> conflict of interest (COI) policy to apply to members of the chapter's
> committee.  Members might recall that in the lead up to the AGM last year,
> the topic of committee COI came up and prompted some very heated
> discussions.  It's my hope that by formally codifying some expectations, we
> can avoid this sort of thing occurring again.
>
> Accordingly, the committee seeks public comment on the draft policy.  It is
> expected that unless there is widespread opposition to this draft
> necessitating a complete rewrite, that we will adopt this policy at our
> next regularly scheduled meeting on 16 June.
>
> http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Conflict_of_interest_policy
>
> Comment is welcome either on the talk page, on this mailing list, or by
> private email.

An excellent document. Well done. When I started reading it I was going
to comment that incorporation should be mentioned in the first sentence
by:-

"Wikimedia Australia is a non-profit organisation, incorporated in
Victoria and recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation as an official
chapter, that .."

but then I found that incorporation is covered in detail near the end.
It still might be a good idea to mention it in the first sentence.

Cheers, Brian - a pedantic ex-Public Officer.

--
                Brian Salter-Duke bd...@wikimedia.org.au
    Active on English Wikipedia, Meta-Wiki, Wikiversity, and others.