Dear All,

I have just returned from a meeting at the State Library of New South
Wales<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Library_of_New_South_Wales>at
which it was confirmed that our proposed WWI editathon will take place
on site on 23 November.

This is a great opportunity for us because the Library will provide:
- one of its best rooms (a private and spacious one);
- its expert curators (along with their expertise and their white gloves);
- a newly launched website (containing new resources); and of course
- items from its collection (including rare and usually unavailable
material) which we can look at, learn from, and use, to improve WP
articles. For example, on the topic of WWI, the Library holds many diaries
and manuscripts from the period.

This is the first time that an Australian cultural institution has opened
its doors to us in this way. It builds on the good relationship developed
during my short time there as Wikipedian-in-Residence and will help us to
get more Australian content into the encyclopedia, as well as offer a rare
chance to get up close to our history and to documents recording our
stories.

As you can see from the Library's project
page<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/State_Library_of_New_South_Wales>,
they have connected this editathon to their own work. On the editathon
project
page,<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_edit-a-thons/Australia>they
have already set out a wide range of resources to make things easier
for us. In fact, the librarians are devoted to making information easier to
get and skilled at doing just that.

Please sign up on the editathon page if you would like to participate. The
room has space for newbies and for potential Wikipedians as well. The
Library is happy to have us bring friends on the day to learn about being
an editor or about the wonderful collection that it looks after on our
behalf.

Hope to see you there or online,
Whiteghost.ink