Interesting to read but there is more than just Sydney based events in the
coming month, the next WMAU event is in Fremantle on the 11 September see
the main page for
information<http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia>but
really the community should consider whether the first Sunday is a
good
choice, this month it coincided with fathers day, but many other months it
causes clashes with long weekends as the first monday is also frequently
the day of public holidays. The other issue is the timing of these IRC
chats and whether its causing members to be excluded from participation as
these IRC chats have been attracting the same group of regulars, and very
rarely do we see anyone else participate, while recognising that we have
2-3 hour time differences across our membership so therefore there is no
one perfect solution.

Gnangarra

On 1 September 2013 19:04, Craig Franklin <cfrank...@halonetwork.net> wrote:

> Hi Anthony,
>
> Yes, I have just published the transcript here:
> http://www.wikimedia.org.au//wiki/Meeting:Public_(2013-09-01)/Transcript
>
> It was a good meeting with some interesting ideas raised.
>
> Cheers,
> Craig
>

> On 1 September 2013 17:27, Anthony Cole <ahcole...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are the minutes/transcript published anywhere?
>>
>> Anthony Cole <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anthonyhcole>
>> Memberships secretary
>> Wiki Project Med Foundation<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med>
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Steven Zhang <cro0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just a quick reminder that there will be a public meeting today at 4PM,
>>> in the #wikimedia-au IRC channel on the freenode network. You are all
>>> welcome.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Steven Zhang
>>> Committee, Wikimedia Australia