Hi All,

With the conclusion of our recent SGM, attention now turns to our upcoming
Annual General Meeting (AGM), which will be called "Soon(tm)".  I intend
that this meeting will be a largely procedural affair, solely for the
tabling of reports and the announcement of the new committee.  This is in
line with the practice of many other incorporated associations.

With that in mind, if you're thinking about running for the committee next
year, now is the time to decide which position you would like to run for,
and start lining up some nominators.  For the first time this year, we will
elect a management committee of eight members, consisting of four officers
(President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary), and four ordinary
members.  You can be nominated for a maximum of one officer position and
one ordinary member position.  In the event that not enough nominations are
received to fill all the positions, further nominations will be called for
at the AGM.

Further details will be released as they come to hand.  In the meantime, if
you have not expressed a preference to receive notice of general meetings
via email, and do not have any particular requirement to receive a paper
copy of the notice in the mail, please do consider advising the Secretary
that you'd prefer to receive your notice electonically, per rule 12(2)(b)(
http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Rules#12._Notice_of_general_meetings).
 Not only does this save the chapter money on postage costs, it also does a
little bit to save some trees and save the planet.

Regards,
Craig Franklin
President - Wikimedia Australia