Thanks for sharing that Gideon - there is at least one Australian
Wikimedian who this would be highly relevant to.  I notice one of the
selection criteria:

*Impact, including capacity to reach a significant audience: Your proposal
must show it will have an impact, and show a capacity to reach a
significant audience which is preferably, though not necessarily,
Australian.*

Clearly the ability to publicise content on the 6th most visited website in
the world will give any WMAU endorsed candidate a strong advantage!

I agree with Gideon that I find it likely that the committee would be happy
to provide supporting materials to any Wikimedia Commons photographer who
wishes to apply.

Regards,

Charles