On 2016-01-20 14:53, John Mark Vandenberg wrote:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Leigh Blackall <leighblack...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm pretty sure I could raise some interest in this at RMIT. At the very least attendance, but perhaps venue and video documentation if needed.

My guess is that "will start in mid febraury in Melbourne coinciding
with a libraries conference there" means VALA2016, 9-11 February, and
their website indicates Andy Mabbett will be doing a 1.40hr workshop
there:
http://www.vala.org.au/vala2016-conference-program/boot-camp-2016

And I see there is a meetup occurring in Melbourne, Perth & and
probably Sydney by the sounds of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Melbourne
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Perth

Have the slides for the scheduled workshops been put online yet?

No slides I think, but there's some more info at
https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Wikidata_Tour_Down_Under
(it seems to not show up on the WMAU homepage because of some caching issue).

-- Sam