Hi Paul

This sounds like a great initiative WMAU committee isnt aware of any
co-ordinated project along these lines the nearest would be
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiTown/Toodyaypedia/stage_II_worksheet
which was done as part of the Toodyaypedia project.  For some people they
might actually like the idea of a QR code to share the person story.

The biggest issue will be getting the followup support they will need I
suggest you introduce them to WP:AWNB as place to get quick answers and
just to be careful they should be aware of COI .

Let us know when your talking and we will be on the watch for new editors.

On 24 January 2016 at 12:36, Paul Foord <foo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> At a meeting of the Genealogy SA Research and Development Committee I
> offered to provide a session on writing biographies for Wikipedia.
>
> Triggers for this were:
> - my experience finding obituaries and other sources in Trove that
> appeared to justify an article, or allowed significant expansion of a stub.
> Often for politicians and sportspeople there is already a stub that can be
> filled out.
> - finding that a number of the articles apparently written by family
> historians were not encyclopedic in their selection of information nor well
> presented.
>
> It looks like there will be a 1.5 hour session:
> - an intro to WP
> - familiarisation with Wikiproject Biography (WP:Notability)
> - WP:RS
> - Using hardcopy and online resources, (WP:Citing sources)
>
> Any thoughts, comments, offers to work on the project. Is anybody else
> already doing something along these lines?
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Foord

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia