Kerry

Crown copyright includes the Federal and State governments, and those of all the territories, including the overseas territories. Even Norfolk Island. It does NOT include local government.

Under the Constitution (Section 51 (xviii) to be exact), copyrights, trademarks and patents are a Federal responsibility, so only one law everywhere. (Hallelujah!)

Ross

On 20/06/2017 6:05 PM, Kerry Raymond wrote:

And also mentioned on the Australian Wikipedians Noticeboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Australian_Wikipedians%27_notice_board

But I have a question (pardon my ignorance). Does Crown Copyright include the state governments and local governments or just the federal government?

Kerry

*From:*Wikimediaau-l [mailto:wikimediaau-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] *On Behalf Of *Robert Myers
*Sent:* Tuesday, 20 June 2017 5:21 PM
*To:* 'Wikimedia-au' Chapter <wikimediaau-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
*Subject:* Re: [Wikimediaau-l] Crown Copyright in photographs

I think it would be best forwarded on to OTRS https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:OTRS

    On 20 Jun 2017, at 5:17 PM, Pru Mitchell
    <pru.mitch...@wikimedia.org.au
    <mailto:pru.mitch...@wikimedia.org.au>> wrote:

    Hi Ross

    Thanks for pursuing this question and for sharing the response. It
    is very helpful in a number of contexts.

    It begs the question as to where this communication could be
    stored so that those who need it can find it easily.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks again, Pru

    On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Ross Mallett <hawke...@gmail.com