hi beat,

many thanks for the proposal.

we tried to participate 2 times in a eurpoean union project, so we
know a little bit how that works (or not works ...). imo wm-ch does
not take any financial or other risk in saying yes immediately. will
propose a board vote now for that reason. additionally, our
experiences with Uni-BE up to now are excellent, they helped us a lot
already.

last time we suggested to enhance wikis with p2p technologies, to
better cope with more and more multimedia content. it failed because
we "did not consider current technologies like europeana" in a
sufficient manner. 7 months later europeana went public ... and it
broke down :) our (very) unstructured link collection is here:
http://wikimedia.ch/EuropeanUnionResearch.

if you could enter some info here: http://wikimedia.ch/Projects it
would be great.

rupert.