hi,

after supporting the creation of wikimedia austria a couple of years
ago, wikimedia ch used again a small percentage of its budget to
directly support the wikimedia movement abroad. this year a wikimedia
center in bamako, mali, was supported by providing a free internet
connection to it. we also managed to attract a couple of volunteers to
help us - but of course we would be glad if additional people help as
well :)

as a return we got:
* an ongoing effort to create a songhay - french dictionary, which contains
  more than 3'000 words already [1]
* bamako, the capital of mali, was a formerly empty spot on openstreetmap,
  which could be filled in [2]

[1] http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Cat%C3%A9gorie:songha%C3%AF_koyraboro_senni
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=12.632&lon=-7.9998&zoom=12&layers=M

a happy new year to everybody, and many thanks especially to christian
wagner from openstreetmap, renaud gaudin and collegues from kunnafoni
for making this possible.

rupert.