I have been unclear.

I don't know who created the page but the list of administrators is available in the group.

Anyway it makes sense in order to avoid that someone can create a group named "Wikimedia CH" and keeping the group for his own use.

Anyone can create a group, for instance a popstar has his own page but there is a group of fans who rules a group page in Facebook, even if the name is protected.

A lot of chapters do it.

Wikimedia Italia has: https://www.facebook.com/Wikimedia.Italia?fref=ts and https://www.facebook.com/groups/wikimediaitalia/?fref=ts

Wikimedia Deutschland has two pages.

Wikimedia France has two pages too, but I think that one is old.

Regards