Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Sharon Flynn (SF)

Joseph Quinn (JQ)

Gabriel Beecham (GB)

Neeku Shamekhi (NS)

User Group

   -

   Metrics-as part of our Chapter paperwork we had to compile metrics for
   our activities. SE and Rebecca calculated the metrics for all of our
   events. The information can be seen here

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jabcs1pXjREjyoazuuma9LIt6-MfTG40Z-MxZjTRBm0/edit#gid=0>.

   -

   Survey-Rebecca made some more changes to the survey. It has gone out to
   the working group for consultation.
   -

   By-Laws-We completed the review of the by-laws. Here are the changes to
   the second half:
   -

      Change ‘in person’ to ‘present’. Define what ‘presen’ means-can be
      virtual vis Hangouts, Skype, ect.
      -

      Article 26-’registered letter’ for notification to be changed to some
      digital format, perhaps on Meta Wiki.
      -

      Article 28-’signed by 1/20th’-some digital format again, perhaps Meta
      Wiki.
      -

      Article 33-take out typo ‘or a member or joined a driver’.
      -

      Article 34-change ‘registered office’ to ‘mailing list’.

Once the changes are made the by-laws will be sent out to the working group
for a 1 week review. They will then be sent out on the mailing list for a 3
week consultation period.

Edit-a-thons

   -

   PRONI-JQ is still working on organising an event in PRONI. He has
   Queen’s University Belfast as a backup.
   -

   NUI Galway training event-SF held a training event for NUI Galway staff.
   They registered on Wikipedia and then uploaded images of the campus
   building that they work in to Commons. As a result, 8 new images of NUI
   Galway campus buildings are on Commons.
   -

   JQ suggested a possible 1916 related edit-a-thon. Collins Barracks might
   be a good venue for this is conjunction with the opening of it’s 1916
   exhibition.

Conferences

   -

   SCI:COM15-the grant was approved for this event. SE and EE will attend
   on behalf of the group.
   -

   Malta-Rebecca will give a full report of the conference in Malta at the
   next meeting.

WLM

   -

   The top ten images have been selected and forwarded to the international
   competition. The winning images can be viewed here

<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2015_winners#Ireland>
   .
   -

   The awards ceremony will take place at the Stags Head in Dublin on 9
   November at 6:30pm.
   -

   SE has ordered the prints of the winning images for display during the
   awards ceremony.
   -

   A press release with the winners will go out on Friday morning.
   -

   An update with the contest stats was sent to the DAHG.

Other Events

   -

   No news

Misc

   -

   Vicipéid-SE replyed to an email about promoting Vicipéid naming SF and
   Oliver as contacts. SF will keep us updated.
   -

   Education Program-SE and SF will apply to be coordinators this week and
   notify Rebecca when it is complete.

The next meeting will take place on Monday 16 November at 6:30pm in Dublin.
If you would like to attend, either in person or via Google Hangouts,
please send an email to wikimediairel...@gmail.com
-- Shannon