*Wikimedia Community Ireland Newsletter - July 2017*

*GAZE Festival - Wiki Loves Pride*
We are delighted to announce that we will be partnering with a number of
groups over August to deliver events around LGBTQ history as part of Wiki
Loves Pride <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Pride_2017>.
The first of these events will take place during the GAZE International
Film Festival <https://www.gaze.ie/festival-programme-2017> from 3-7 August
in the Lighthouse Theatre. Details will be announced very soon.

If you attended the Dublin Pride Parade or any other events, with your
camera, do consider uploading them to Wikimedia Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Dublin_Pride_2017> for the
world to enjoy!

*Wiki Loves Monuments*
Work has begun on organising Wiki Loves Monuments 2017. This year will see
changes in how the lists of monuments are generated and where they are
hosted, thanks to the fantastic work of Pawel on Wikidata. Details of the
launch will be announced soon. If you are interested in helping out with
the running of the competition, particularly in your local area, please get
in touch.

*Vicipéid*
There is once again a voice as Gaeilge for Vicipéid on Twitter, just head
to @Vicipeid_IE <https://twitter.com/Vicipeid_IE> and give it a follow!

*Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI)*
Over the past few months, our Project Coordinator has been working with the
DRI <http://www.dri.ie/events> to deliver a series of partnered events to
their members. These events have now been scheduled to take place over
three days in September, October, and November. They will cover topics such
as European copyright law, orphan works, Creative Commons licensing,
Wikidata, as well as a hands-on editing event. Keep an eye out for these
events as they are announced.

--
Wikimedia Community Ireland

Online: Wikimedia Community Ireland