Thanks Ramesh, Anoop, Shiju, and Praveen for the information.

- Sundar

________________________________
From: Shiju Alex <shijualexonl...@gmail.com>
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Sent: Tue, October 26, 2010 10:03:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] mobile editing & reading of Wikipedia

Rendering of Malayalam script is very bad. Same might be the case with most of
the other Indian scripts. (Devanagari might have reasonable support) So this
site is of not much use to Malayalam as of now, even though we are regularly
updating it.

We cannot expect much as of now since the majority of the software solutions
focuses only on Latin script. Hope situation will improve as the contribution
from the developers working in Indic language computing increases.

Shiju Alex

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM, BalaSundaraRaman <sundarbe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ramesh,

>Could you try http://ml.m.wikipedia.org/ from your phone? (Of course, it'll
>still need the fonts.)
>To my knowledge, Malayalam Wikipedia is the only Indian Wikipedia to have a
>mobile interface (I could be wrong).
>For Tamil Wikipedia, only the final steps are pending.
>

>- Sundar

the
expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."