Dear All,

Few wikimedians who understood the importance of wiki source project is
giving proper care to it. From Indic Wikis, I can show you the example of
Bengali wikisource. According to me, both the wiktionary and wikisource
projects are very important for any language which has online presence.

For a language like Sanskrit (which is a classical language),wikisource is
very much relevant and important projects. Perhaps it might have more number
of source texts (which are in public domain) than most of the Indian
languages.

A request for Sanskrit wikisource is logged on 2010 October
04<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikisource_Sanskrit>.
The request was approved by the language committee on 2010 November 04, and
finally the wiki is created on *2011 March 18* <http://sa.wikisource.org/>.
It is available here: http://sa.wikisource.org

Most of the text from Old Wikisource <http://wikisource.org> is already
migrated to this new wikisource <http://sa.wikisource.org>. A cleanup is
required in the wiki. I request Sanskrit wiki community to take of your wiki
project.

Thanks
Shiju Alex