Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:34:35 +0530
From: ashwin.bain...@gmail.com
To: wikimedia-in-...@lists.wikimedia.org; wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org;
mr-w...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Wikimedia-IN-PUN] WikiConference 2011 discussions in Pune meetup
on 14 May 2011

Hello friends,
On Saturday representatives of Mumbai Wikipedia Community, Amitabh Kundan and
Pranav (User:Wheredevelsdare), came over to Pune on 14 My 2011  for discussing
the forthcoming Wikiconference India 2011 and met up with representatives of
Pune community, Sudhanwa Jogalekar, Radha Mishra, Suhel Bohra, Srikeit, Harshad
Gune and Ashwin Baindur. The Wikimedia India chapter was represented by Arjuna
Rao Chawala (chapter President), the Wikimedia India National Office by Hisham
Mundol. Bishakha Datta, Trustee, Wikimedia Foundation graced the meeting with
her presence.

The Pune Wikipedia Community acknowledged the great honour done by Mumbai
community in asking the Pune community to co-host the event and promised all
cooperation. Subsequently in the evening meetup the members of the Pune
Wikipedia Community were informed about this prosal and the Pune community
unanimously agreed to particpate and support the venture.

Pranav gave a presentation on the progress so far - the suggested dates for
finalisation i.e. 4 to 6 Nov 2011, the proposed venues for the meetup, the
accomodation, a marquee event featuring Jimbo Wales and a social get-together.
Also discussed at the meeting were the proposed makeup of organising committee,
the modalities, likely budget, and other issues. The Mumbai meetup where they
will discuss these issues is being held next weekend. After that we assume the
planning will begin in right earnest.

Kudos to Mumbai community for all the footwork and hard work put in to date.
Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur