Yes Gautam, *"Gyanamandala" * is a GENERIC NAME*, *and there is a book in
the same name and the word "Gyanamandala" means "Gyana" (Knowledge)+
"Mandala" (Combination/Base), used in places like "Nakhyatra Mandala" /
"Tara Mandala" (set of stars in the sky).

So, please let me know if the use of this word to describe this phrase "*An
open Encyclopedia" *is fine?

On 22 June 2011 21:49, Gautam John <gau...@prathambooks.org> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, there is a book called "Gyanamandala" and
> you want to use this same name for Wikipedia in Oriya? Is this word
> defined in the dictionary? That asked, I highly doubt copyright
> protection exists for a word - trademark perhaps but not copyright.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________