Hi Folks,

I thought I’ll share an update with you’ll on the Wikipedia India Education
Program.  It's running majorly in 2 colleges in Pune (Symbiosis School of
Economics and College of Engineering Pune). We already have over 1000 students
enrolled from just these 2 colleges.  Most of these students have gone through
one or more out of a total of 35 introductory, basic editing and refresher
sessions conducted by Campus Ambassadors.

It’s good to see big numbers but I thought I’ll also share with you some
articles that the students have been working on. It’s really inspiring to see
their progress! J

User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Abhilasha369> Abhilasha369 started a
new article: Robinson Crusoe Economy
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_Crusoe_Economy>
User: basic.atari <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Basic.atari>  is working
on article Human capital <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_capital>
User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/SaurabhKB> SaurabhKB
 is editing  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-organizing_list>
Self-organizing list ‎
User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aishani_Sharma> Aishani Sharma on
Social preferences <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_preferences>

User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Jinchurikidan>
Jinchurikidan has been actively editing the article on Animation studio
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_studio>

These is still some way to go on these articles but I think they are fantastic
starts!  The 5 users and articles above are just illustrative. You can also
track progress of the entire program here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:INDIAEDU

Please do reach out to the students (not just the one's listed above) and offer
help and encouragement.  Please do help them out on their articles as well.
While they have been trained, they're going to need a lot of support because
they are almost entirely newbies.  Please do also leave kind words for the
Campus Ambassadors. They've been doing amazing work!

Thanks

Nitika Tandon