And I never imagined that I would be watching Bala create an article
on the Tamil Wikipedia called 8am Arivu saying 8am Arivu is an
upcoming sequel to 7am Arivu starring Superstar Srikanth in front of a
dozen people. ;-)
Yuvi, is it in KITE? If yes, then do drop in a line to those guys that
you know Bala and me. Might help us land another meetup there.

On 12/13/11, Bala Jeyaraman <sodabot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A great many thanks to Srikanth R for putting together the first Kovai
> meetup and making it a reality. (I never dreamt that there would be a kovai
> meetup and i would be in it :-)).  It gave me a chance to connect with
> another wikipedian who was responsible for writing large parts of
> Coimbatore article in en wiki. Snagging KGISL as location was a major coup
> and thanks to Gautam, Venkat, Srikanth and KGISL themselves for letting us
> use their AC seminar room.
>

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Subhashish Panigrahi <psubhash...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Amazing non-formal report Srikanth!
>>
>> Hope the meetup in Kovai bring up more active editors. {{Applause}} for
>> making this a success!
>>
>> Best
>> Subha
>>

>> On 13 December 2011 16:15, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
>> <rsrikant...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Heya all,
>>> This should've come in elaier but didn't as my lab was shut.
>>> To Pradeep, who's been asking for two days,
>>> And Noopur, the only other Wikipedian who asked about this meet.
>>>
>>> Our meetup was held at the KG Inst. of Tech [KITE] who offered us an
>>> A/C presentation hall for this event.
>>> KITE, is a part of KG Information Systems Ltd, one of the city's most
>>> respected IT establishments.
>>> The meetup space was offered by Mr. Ashok Bkathavatsalam himself, the
>>> MD of KGISL, who in turn was told about this meet by Gautam John and
>>> Venkat Mangudi. Thanks you two.
>>>
>>> The meetup started at 11am.
>>>
>>> We had ~14-15 attendees, out of which 8 or 9 were part of ILUGC Pondy
>>> [Indian Linux User Group Puducherry].
>>> One Wikipedian saw the link to the meetup on my signature on an online
>>> forum SkyScraperCity and came from Chennai.
>>> Bala Jeyaraman, aka Sodabottle joined me a few minutes into the meetup
>>> and it was him who spoke for the rest of the day.
>>> Pre lunch, we basically spoke on how and why the Wikipedia model
>>> worked, the principles of the project, with Bala using the age old
>>> debate of whether Coimbatore or Madurai was the second largest city in
>>> Tamil Nadu as an example for verifiability.
>>>
>>> Bala explained the ease of typing in Tamil, etc.
>>>
>>> Post lunch, we were joined by two faculty members of KITE, while Mr.
>>> Ashok himself stepped in. Interestingly, he himself has an account on
>>> the English Wikipedia and contributes too.
>>>
>>> The meetup ended at around 4, we took a few photos. I shall ask
>>> Prasanna to upload them soon.
>>>
>>> It was a success, there were three existing Wikipedians, and the rest
>>> were interested newcomers. I wouldn't call it an academy though.
>>>
>>> We've not scheduled a meetup for January yet, as the most probable
>>> date is 15th Jan [Wikipedia Day] because both Bala and I won't be in
>>> town. If anyone from the chapter/foundation can help lead it, I can
>>> get people to attend and myself attend virtually thru Skype or so from
>>> Kakinada.
>>>
>>> Comments, suggestions most welcome.

> [...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.